The Lutronic Clarity II Laser
LASER HAIR REMOVAL WINNIPEG
We are proud to have the Lutronic Clarity II laser at Luminous Skin & Laser clinic.
It is a dual wavelength system using 755nm alexandrite and 1064nm ND Yag wavelengths, long considered to be the gold standard in laser hair removal. The Clarity II laser provides remarkably effective comfortable treatments, thanks to laser hair removal.
No more painful waxing, electrolysis or razors. The laser delivers 21st century technology for treatment of this distressing problem. Cleared for permanent hair reduction, Clarity II can treat men and women of all skin types safely and effectively year round.
The ND Yag system was designed to be the most outstanding laser hair removal system on the market for all skin types, from light to dark, including tanned patients. It’s unique design, longer wavelength, and cooling allow for extremely effective, safe and permanent results.
At Luminous Skin & Laser Clinic, we have invested in industry-leading skincare equipment to provide our clients the best laser hair removal results available today.
Advantages of Laser Hair Removal
- Decrease incidences of ingrown hairs
- Smooths and rejuvenates the skin
- Evens out pigmentation
- Decreases the appearance of hair follicles
- Decrease scarring that can occur from shaving, waxing or tweezing
How many treatments do I need?
The short answer is that most areas require 6-8 treatments.
However, the number of treatments required for long term benefits depends on your hair’s thickness, the area treated and your hair growth cycle. Laser treatments work by disabling the hair that is principally in the active growth phase at the time of treatment.
Tips for Pre-Treatment
- The area to be treated must be clean-shaven. (Clients who are not shaven can be subject to a shaving fee, which varies based on size and location minimum of $10 )
- Avoid UV exposure 7 days prior to your treatment.
- Clients who are sunburned or tanned must wait 2 weeks before being treated to avoid additional skin damage.
- Avoid chemical peels and other laser procedures in the area to be treated for 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after your laser treatment.
- Client must stop waxing, tweezing and chemical epilation 3 weeks prior to treatment. *Only for hair removal treatments*
- If you have Botox or dermal fillers in the area to be treated, wait 14 days both before and after injection to receive treatment.
- Clients who have used Accutane or similar products within the last 6 months cannot have laser hair removal treatments.
- If you are prone to cold sores, it is highly recommended to take antiviral medication prior to your treatment.
Tips for Post-Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure for one week after treatment
- Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to prevent excessive irritation or skin damage
- If the skin feels sunburned or irritated, take Tylenol as directed to manage these side effects.
- Comfort may be improved by applying cool compresses or aloe vera gel
- After gently cleaning the skin, pat it dry rather than rubbing